FROZEN SNICKERDOODLE CRUNCH CAKE
- box Cinnamon Toast Crunch™ cereal, finely crushed
- tablespoons butter, melted
- cup cinnamon-sugar mixture
- (8 oz.) box cream cheese, softened
- cup sweetened condensed milk
- tablespoon vanilla
- (8 oz.) tub whipped topping
- 1 1/2
- cups cinnamon chips
- Nonstick baking spray
- Spray a 9×9-inch baking dish with nonstick baking spray. In a large bowl, combine Cinnamon Toast Crunch™ crumbs, melted butter and 1/4 cup of the cinnamon-sugar mixture together, stirring until well mixed. Press half of this mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- In a stand mixer, beat together cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped cream and cinnamon chips. Spread mixture on top of the crust.
- Top with remaining crust, sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 8 hours. To serve, slice into squares and enjoy!
When we brought you the recipe for Frozen Strawberry Crunch Cake, you all went wild. That creamy strawberry-spiked cake layered between two streusel-y layers of granola goodness was shared, tweeted and pinned so many times, we were smiling for weeks.
So we decided to get jiggy with it and made 4 More Genius Granola Bar Crunch Cakes, including the to-die delish Frozen S’mores Crunch Cake. And the absolutely irresistible Frozen Creamscicle™ Crunch Cake.
In fact, we’d go so far to say that all of our versions have been absolutely irresistible. And we really thought we’d topped the trend. Until, of course, today.
Today is the day we reveal the latest brainchild of our Crunch Cake Committee. (We don’t really have one, but if we did, they’d be getting all the ribbons and bows. Because…S nickerdoodle Crunch Cake, sandwiched between two glorious layers of Cinnamon Toast Crunch™ is totally happening right now.)
Cinnamon Toast Squeal! Snickerdoodle Squeaaaaallll!
And now, because delaying this big reveal would be the cruelest thing ever to hit your tastebuds, a step-by-step tutorial that will have you making your own crunchiliciousness in no time at all.
Here’s your ingredient line-up. Seriously basic baking stuff, with the addition of the sometimes tricky-to-find Cinnamon Chips. Often making their appearance in baking aisles during the holiday season, you can also order a pack online and have them shipped to your door.
Alternately, you can skip the cinnamon chips and look for salted caramel chips, which are amply available in nationwide big chain grocery stores. Still can’t find what you’re looking for? You can make our recipe for Saltine Cracker Toffee, adding 1 tablespoon of cinnamon to the batch, and not topping the recipe with chocolate. Once cooled, simply crush into bits and stir into your Snickerdoodle Cake in place of the cinnamon chips.
One of the reasons we think this cake as been such a crowd-pleaser is because it’s so darned simple.
For instance, Step One: Crush Cinnamon Toast Crunch and mix with sugar and butter.
Step Two: Press half the crust into the bottom of a baking pan.
See how simple this is?
Now mix up a batch of our fluffy filling (cool whip, cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and chips), then spread it on top of your crust.
Is this recipe not brilliantly easy?!!
Top it all with the second half of your crust mixture. Then sprinkle it all up with some cinnamon sugar. This crunchy topping on top of the crunchy topping? Pure snickerdoodle squeal, double time.
Now freeze it all…
Until frozen and frosty. Then slice and serve.
And if you’re feeling extra-crazy delicious, nab yourself a bottle of caramel sauce and drizzle like it’s 1999. Or whatever year it was when Snickerdoodles and Caramel Sauce became the cutest couple ever.
Brooke blogs at Cheeky Kitchen, where she shares crazy simple, healthy family recipes. She joined Tablespoon to share some of her best, so keep an eye on Brooke’s profile to see what she cooks up next!