Zesty Tequila Shrimp Gazpacho
- 1ounce tequila
- 1lb small shrimp (cooked)
- 1small purple onion
- 1small green bell pepper
- 2large cucumbers
- 2large celery ribs
- 6small roma tomatoes
- 3garlic cloves (minced fine)
- 4cups tomato juice
- 4 1⁄2cups v 8 spicy vegetable juice
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 3tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4cup green onion (sliced)
- Wash vegetables.
- Chop purple onion, bell pepper, unpeeled cucumbers, celery, and tomatoes.
- Place chopped vegetables into a large bowl.
- Add finely minced garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper, tequila and cooked shrimp; stir gently to combine all.
- Stir in lime juice and red wine vinegar.
- Stir in tomato juice and V-8 juice.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge until well chilled (about 1 hour for flavors to blend).
- To serve, ladle each portion into a serving bowl and sprinkle each with desired amount of the chopped green onion.